All schools have a clear responsibility to ensure they work together with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. As a result, if concerns are raised within our school, or a child or parent reports a situation involving possible abuse, we are required to refer such matters to the appropriate Children’s Services, in line with Government and Lancashire Education Authority.
Our Safeguarding policy and procedures comply with:
· ‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education’ (2016)
· Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015)
· Lancashire Safeguarding Children Board’s Safeguarding Children Procedures
Our school fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support pupils in school. We also acknowledge that schools which offer best protection to children:
· have a positive school culture
· ensure that children in school know to whom they can turn for support and help
· have a Child protection policy and clear procedures for action within school
· have staff who know how to recognise signs and symptoms and know what to do when they have concerns.
Yealand CE Primary takes part in Operation Encompass working alongside Lancashire Constabulary and Lancashire Safeguarding Board.
Our Designated Senior Lead for safeguarding is: Mrs Katrina Gale
Our Deputy DSLs are: Mrs Kirsty Beswetherick & Mrs Kathryn Brown
‘Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith.’
1 Timothy 4:12